Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Flash Drive Status

I went to several different sources and none could fix my flash drive. I even tried geek squad. I felt sure that a group with a name as cool as that could do something, yet my hopes were dashed. Still, not everything is lost (though a very big chunk of everything is missing), I have the stuff that I blogged here, and I also have a back up version of my nano novel that I emailed to myself while I was writing it (since they constantly reminded us to), though it didn't have as much in it as the one in my flash drive did.

So despite losing a lot of my work (and a whole lot of other stuff that had nothing to do with my writing but was still a stab to loose) I will not be deterred. I will keep writing, even if I must start again!

Yet still it is difficult not to be disheartened. Not only did I lose my actual stories, but I lost the plans for them. I didn't have much planning for Final Great Ones or Roswell, but I had pages and pages of plans for Terravia. They weren't so much story outlines (since I seem to be incapable of planning more than four steps ahead) as it was random details that I wrote down because I was sure that I would forget if I didn't. I had random stuff like a plan for the main characters father and more detailed back story for all the knights and a bunch of stuff that I can't remember! Some of the things were written here, but not all of it because I didn't want to spoil it for any of you.

Hopefully I can remember enough to make the story come together again. I'll rewrite all I can remember and all that I put into this blog, and hopefully it will all work out in the end. No, it WILL work out in the end. Whats with this hopefully stuff? Hope is not a plan, but an excuse for procrastination! Maybe thats why I like it so much...

No comments: