Saturday, October 16, 2010

Things to Figure Out Before NaNo

So, before NaNoWriMo there are quite a few things I need to figure out about The Dragon Ambassador. Perhaps writing out a list will help me come up with a solution to these problems.

~I need to decide if this will be a more Modern Day Fantasy (like Fablehaven) or if I should create my own Fantasy world like I usually do. At first I was going to do the modern fantasy, but I really like making my own fantasy world. The problem with that is that its time consuming. But still fun.

~I need to finalize the dragons in my story. In every story I write with dragons, they are different, and that is one reason I like writing them, I can always do something new with them. So I need to figure out how my dragons work in this.

~I need to figure out what other fantasy/mythological creatures will be in this story. I know a few, but its good to know what my world consists of.

~I need to name my characters. Always hardest part for me.

~I need a conflict. Right now this is still just an idea with no real plot. Plots are quite important.

~With conflict, I need antagonists. Someone eval must be present to mess things up for my good guys.

~I need to decide on the point of view. My options are having it all from the point of view of one very important character, or splitting it between three very important characters. I've never done a story with just one view point and I want to try, but I'm not sure if this story will allow it.

Thats a pretty good list. I'mma stare at it now and think about it for a while. I'll update this later with a post about my Dragons when I'm done shaping them.

No comments: